Buying a home is certainly challenging in the North Texas area these days! The problem is our growing economy and great weather. People want to live here! Great thing we would say normally but we just have a limited number of homes available for sale!
When searching any of the online sites you will find great homes with beautiful pictures and these homes are in great locations! Call your realtor (hopefully us) fast!!! Often homes are under contract the same day or worse when you make your offer you will be told there are multiple offers and there is a deadline to make your “highest and best” offer. We offer the following tips to help you deal with our crazy market:
- Be preapproved for financing – Make a written application and give your mortgage rep all the support documents needed to assure financing.
- Know what features you want and what you can compromise on when selecting your new home. Few homes have every feature on your list.
- Know that your offer might not be the one the seller accepts. The seller is wanting the highest net return and wants the most stable purchaser so the sale will close on time.
- Be practical in your expectations of seller concessions and repairs.
- Understand that the status of homes on line might not be updated and offers can already be in the sellers hand and a contract can be signed while you are looking at the home.
- Give yourself several weeks or even months to find your new home!
CALL US TODAY – START SEARCHING NOW!!!